If you needed better encouragement to buy Snapseed than an enthusiastic TouchMyApps review, I can think of no better endorsement than Apple’s own knighting of Nik Software’s Snapseed as iPad app of the year 2011.
But if you need a second opinion – and after a long time with Snapseed, I feel that my opinion is valid – mine is simple. Buy it. That’s it. Snapseed is the perfect companion app for frequent Facebook and frantic Flickr photographers. The reason for this isn’t the very decent uploading interface, but its ergonomic input system.
Snapseed, a former iTunes app of the week (last month) and one of the best photo editors on iOS, is now free for the next several days. Not only does the app make photo manipulation easy and intuitive, it also provides plenty of features to help transform your photographs just the way you want it.
• Easily browse and adjust your photos with a single tap using Auto Correct
• Tweak your photo to perfection with Tune Image
• Use Selective Adjust to enhance specific objects or areas in your photos
• Experiment with fun and innovative features like Drama, Vintage, Grunge, and Center Focus
• Add Borders for incredible finishing touches
• Email your creations or share them on Facebook and Flickr
Previously priced at $4.99, this is one excellent price drop you don’t want to miss out on. And the fact that it’s a universal app (it’ll work natively on both the iPhone and iPad) is just icing on the cake. Now go forth and have fun editing your images till your heart’s content (though not before checking out some of Snapseed’s demo videos after the gap).
Nik Software, Snapseed, 15.0 MB – Free