I suppose I am showing my age by titling this review after what I consider to be one of the best team-games of all time: Jackal for the Nintendo Entertainment System. The controls are different, and as of yet, there is no multiplayer. But the frantic, frenetic action is the same. And if you like to blow up baddies, I there aren’t many better ways to spend a few minutes, or 2$.
Out of the blue, Sad Cat Software have released their dual-stick shooter – Project Phoenix. You control a tank throughout 7 large levels swarming with enemies in a desperate attempt to fulfil deadly goals. Game features:
- 7 large levels swarming with enemies.
- Winter and summer missions.
- Ability to hire teammates for help, teammate formations provided.
- Fully upgradeable weapons system, including lasers.
- Call on powerful airstrikes when the going get tough.
- Two vehicles to play as – a weaponized dune buggy and a tank.
- Local and global high scores.
- Save game at any moment in time (includes auto-save).
- Discoverable map to help with orientation.
- Awesome music and sound effects.
There is much more on the way.
The game looks really nice and with the $0 price tag (for a very VERY limited time) it’s a crime not to get it! What are you waiting for?!
P.S. More screens after the gap.