In anticipation of the long overdue iOS 4.2 update for the iPad (which will finally bring folders and multitasking to the tablet), Reeder for iPad (TMA Review) has just been updated with support for task completion syncing. As such, the app can be closed and your Google feeds will continue to download in the background. Facebook and Zootool are also new additions to the already expansive sharing options. Other changes/fixes include:
- Less sensitive slider controls
- Larger tap area for prev/next article buttons
- Better handling of accounts with hundreds of subscriptions
- “Save to Delicous” with a YahooID!
- Crashes when viewing certain articles (boingboing.net)
- Scrolling issues should be fixed (inertial scrolling)
- Share article via email display issues
Reeder for iPad is arguably the best Google Reader client on the device, and it’s also one of the apps I rely on most on a daily basis. If the $4.99 price tag doesn’t quite jive with your current budget, you can also take a look at the news reader News Pulse, which was just made Free permanently by the developers.
Silvio Rizzi, Reeder for iPad, 2.2 MB – $4.99