Just in case you did not know, I have been vaccilating between using iTunes and Mozilla’s Songbird for a long time for music listening. The reason, iTunes is now even on Macs, sometimes slow. Today – in fact, just about an hour ago, iTunes 8.1 was released. In its log it is noted as improving upon performance. Let’s hope so.
iTunes 8.1 Log:
iTunes 8.1 is now faster and more responsive. You will enjoy noticeable improvements when working with large libraries, browsing the iTunes Store, preparing to sync with iPod or iPhone, and optimizing photos for syncing.
In addition, iTunes 8.1 provides many other improvements and bug fixes, including:
• Supports syncing with iPod shuffle (3rd generation).
• Allows friends to request songs for iTunes DJ.
• Adds Genius sidebar for your Movies and TV Shows.
• Improves performance when downloading iTunes Plus songs.
• Provides AutoFill for manually managed iPods.
• Allows CDs to be imported at the same sound quality as iTunes Plus.
• Includes many accessibility improvements.
• Allows iTunes U and the iTunes Store to be disabled separately using Parental Controls.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
You can download iTunes 8.1 from Apple’s iTunes Website for Windows and Mac.