BeejiveIM , one of the most popular and fully featured instant messaging clients for the iPhone/iPod Touch, is now (finally) available for the iPad. It’s been the go-to IM app for many on the iDevice due to it’s many features, which include:
- Reliable and efficient networking: be connected 24/7, and it’s gentle on your battery.
- Be connected even after you close the application. Get notified instantly when you get a new message with Push Notifications.
- Works with multiple IM networks, multiple accounts per network: AIM®/iChat, MSN®, Yahoo!®, GoogleTalk®, Facebook IM, ICQ®, Jabber, and MySpace IM.
- Send and receive files, including pictures and voice notes. View and forward received documents.
- Desktop-like instant messaging with all of your IM buddies from a single intuitive user interface.
With a shortage of premium IM apps for the iPad at the moment, it’s definitely good to see the release of BeejiveIM for iPad. However, unlike BeejiveIM’s biggest competitor IM+ (which is a universal app that works for ALL iDevices), BeejiveIM for the iPad will set you back another $5.99 (currently on sale). Loyal users of the IM app who now own an iPad likely wouldn’t mind ponying up a few extra bucks, but still, it’d been nice if it were a free download for existing customers.