Skyfire, the immensely popular iPhone app (see our review) that allows users to watch Flash videos on their iDevice, is now finally out for the iPad. Like the iPhone version, Skyfire for iPad includes nifty extras that are not found on Mobile Safari. An all new feature for the tablet even allows users to check their Google Reader RSS feeds without having to leave the browser. Here are some of the app’s other features:
- Play millions of Flash videos â€“ everyday, with no limits!
- All-new â€˜Skybarâ€™ toolbar gives one-click access to video and related content
- Stay in touch: Unique Facebook and Twitter ‘Quickview’ allows you to see your wall and feeds with one click.
- Fireplace: See only the links shared by Friends. Why? Filter what friends did from what friends shared (which is a great starting point for browsing)
- Popular: See what Friends and the Facebook community have to say about the site you are currently exploring
Of course, like it is on the iPhone, you can only watch flash content with the app (no flash games, or Hulu content). If you’re finding that your favorite websites are still not down with HTML5, Skyfire for iPad is your best bet (and likely only option). Alternatively, you can also check out the free bookmarklet for Safari that will allow flash video playback from Dailymotion, Flickr Video, MegaVideo and Vimeo. Demo video after the break…
Skyfire Labs,Â Skyfire Web Browser for iPad, 2.2 MB – $4.99