Highborn (TMA Review), one of my personal favorite Turn Based Strategy games on the iPhone, has just been updated with Chapter 2 as an in-app purchase ($0.99 for iPhone, $1.99 for iPad version). This eagerly anticipated follow up will bring forth 8 new missions, new enemies and allies and various new structures. Aside from the IAP, the update also includes multiple new features for the game in general:
- Improved 3D unit artwork and models;
- Units now display their attack range during movement;
- Monoliths now display which spell they control and a cool-down timer;
- End-of-mission statistic screen with information on turns taken, enemies killed, number of structures captured and lost, and more;
- SHAKE TO UNDO! This highly requested feature has been added to the single-player campaign, allowing players to undo their entire previous turn.
For those of you who enjoyed the game earlier on, the 2nd chapter should be an easy buy at only a buck. Otherwise you can always pick up Highborn on the iPhone (chapter 1) for $0.99, or download the free lite version to see if it’s your cup of tea. Videos and more info after the gap.