Highborn (TMA Review), one of my personal favorite Turn Based Strategy games on the iPhone, has just been updated with Chapter 2 as an in-app purchase ($0.99 for iPhone, $1.99 for iPad version). This eagerly anticipated follow up will bring forth 8 new missions, new enemies and allies and various new structures. Aside from the IAP, the update also includes multiple new features for the game in general:
- Improved 3D unit artwork and models;
- Units now display their attack range during movement;
- Monoliths now display which spell they control and a cool-down timer;
- End-of-mission statistic screen with information on turns taken, enemies killed, number of structures captured and lost, and more;
- SHAKE TO UNDO! This highly requested feature has been added to the single-player campaign, allowing players to undo their entire previous turn.
For those of you who enjoyed the game earlier on, the 2nd chapter should be an easy buy at only a buck. Otherwise you can always pick up Highborn on the iPhone (chapter 1) for $0.99, or download the free lite version to see if it’s your cup of tea. Videos and more info after the gap.
Just in time for the next round of iPhone 4 launches worldwide, a bunch of excellent games have just been set free for 24 hours. And when I say excellent, I MEAN excellent! Are you still reading the intro and not the full story? Then shame on you! To give you a snippet of what’s in store after the gap – an excellent adventure 1112 episode 01, a superb turn-based strategy and a fun and addictive side-scroller.
Hello there, folks! I’m finally back from my long deserved vacation in the wonderful Italian town of Rimini. I know, you missed me Anyhow, I won’t bore you with descriptions of the wonderful time I had. Instead, allow me to tell you about a game that has kept me entertained during the long flights there and back as well as in some lengthy train trips. I’m talking, of course, about a recently released TBS by the name of Highborn.