Available today is a huge update for both FileMaker Go for the iPhone and iPad. I reviewed the apps back in August and really enjoyed using them. That said, there were a few features I found missing – the biggest being the lack of camera/photo library support. I am glad to say that FileMaker has remedied this and now added support for images. With the latest version, users can now add photos to their database entries either using the camera or pulling from existing albums. Here’s what’s new in v1.1.1:
- Take photos, add them to the database, and email as an attachment
- Convert records to PDF and email file from the database
- Save a copy of a database and email it as an attachment
- Import records from FileMaker Pro databases to FileMaker Go via scripts
- Be able to require users to re-log onto FileMaker Go after iPhone hibernates
- Solves compatibility issues running on iPhone
Users of FileMaker (Mac) who require access to their databases remotely should definitely consider picking up the apps for their iDevices. They’re well designed and work as advertised. For all the updates and enhancements check out the press release after the jump.