Cult of Mac were right, this is disgusting, but I am strangely drawn to it, drawn to it, drawn to it…
In the last couple of weeks, I have been bothered by no fewer than 14 people at my bike clubs who are looking for a good GPS for their bicycle. While a dedicated GPS unit might be okay, my eyes have been peeled for a way to safely use the iPhone as a GPS. Dahon, it seems, are a few steps ahead of me. Firstly, the iPhone’s excellent screen should make a great navigation device for bicycles, but as many of us roadies know, it gets wet out there. Fortunately, Dahon have kept the elements in mind when designing their products.
Though the iPhone 3G may not have the worst battery life amongst 3G handsets, improving battery performance would be a major plus for all users. With the iPhone’s immense popularity and relatively short battery life, numerous companies are offering their version of an external battery pack. Currently, I am using Brando’s 1000mAh power station. With short comings of it’s own, I am always on the look out for new products.
Though I have yet to try one, FastMac has released the iV Extended portable charger for the iPhone 2G/3G. Looks like a battery with full-on features:
- a full size USB port to charge other devices such as your Bluetooth headset, digital camera or even another iPhone
- comes with a built in flash to help with pictures in low lighting
- 3100mAh TruePower Battery
- Up to 24 Hours of Talk Time
- Up to 72 Hours of Audio Playback
- Up to 21 Hours of Video Playback
- Up to 30 Days of Standby Time
- Dock Connector for iPhone & Universal Dock