CNN has just released their app for the iPad earlier today, meaning you no longer have to load up Safari (or your favorite RSS reader) every time you want to check up on their latest news updates. Best of all is its price tag – Free. Here are some of the app features:
- Go beyond breaking news with top headlines, in-depth feature stories and video
- Choose your view from different navigation options; quickly scan the headlines or immerse yourself in a slideshow
- Take part in the conversation by commenting on stories and reading others’ responses
- Share stories on Facebook and Twitter or via e-mail
- Save stories for offline viewing
- Watch live video streams of breaking news and other major news events
And as an added bonus, the iPhone version of the CNN app has dropped in price to Free (down from $1.99). If you enjoy reading news on your iPad, and CNN is one of the sources you rely on, this is one app you want to grab now from the App Store. Check out the video demo after the gap.