Rumors are running rampant of a 2.2 firmware release on November 21 after iPhoneHellas.gr first reported the news. While 2.1 has been its most reliable and stable release thus far, users are still hoping for copy and paste along with other features. Though copy and paste doesn’t seem to be making an appearance this time round, other new features include:
- New look Safari with Google search bar occupying its own space on title bar
- Ability to turn off auto-correction on and off (a welcome addition for sure)
- 461 emojicons for Japanese iPhones
- New Language support
- Google Street view and Google trainsit information (another useful feature)
- Download podcasts wirelessly
- In the App Store, categories now show icons of applications as opposed to text. â€˜Tell A Friendâ€™ & â€˜Report A Problemâ€™ are added In each page of an application
- The Line-in audio is activated and can be used through the headphone jack.
While the release of 2.2 won’t have the same anticipation as 2.1, most users will probably upgrade the minute it is available . Time will tell if November 21 is for real.