Here are my grievances:
- Terrible battery life
- No multi-tasking
- Cannot remove preinstalled apps
- Customizable options are few, unless I jailbreak
1. No Flash support
2. Can't create Playlists except for the On-The-Go (have to rename the on-the-go once it syncs back to the Mac).
3. Crappy ear buds supplied with it
the biggest piss-off is in minor things... Like, there's a phone nr. on the website. I hold my finger on that, and get the list of options, like "call", "add contact" - everything, except COPY!
- The maps.app will SURELY clear cached maps when you need them most!
- No way to see the phone nr in the recent calls - tapping will call them.
- Very hard to remove a phone nr.
- No multitasking...
- No way to switch off GPRS (you can switch off 3G, but iphone will still sip data, only at lower speed)
- Annoying vista-like messages (i.e. "blahblah would like to use your location)
- Many, many, many more annoying things...
follow PalmHeroes on Twitter!
- Bad battery life
- Faulty voice recognition
- Inaccurate GPS
- Cannot rename playlists
Battery life for sure!!!
Here's my list:
- Battery could be better
- No multitasking
- Can't hide certain apps (stock, notepad) without jailbreaking
- Can't program side volume rocker for things like screen brightness or moving between pages on springboard
- Camera for iPhone 3G
Re: 3gen iTouch -
Lack of battery life first , then the native apps which I am forced to keep.
I don't see the problem with the battery life. If you are talking about for games, sure I understand, but there isn't a single phone or device like the iDevice out there which has good battery life. My iPod touch plays music for over 30 hours - that is amazing.
But, I don't like about my iPod touch 2G:
1. cannot remove native apps
2. Horrid/unusable EQ system
If anything.. the #1 thing I wish they'd improve would be BATTERY LIFE. I carry around my charger because there's no way I can last without one.
I'd love it we could delete preinstalled apps too.. like stocks.
And the music playlist.. or lack of, really fails.
Like almost everyone else, my main problem is the battery life. I carry around my charger and a car charge for emergencies.
Lacks the ability to multitask, edit playlists, no flash and I wish the built in speaker is louder (my alarm doesn't seem to be loud enough!). Also, the touch screen sometimes looses its touch sensitivity and need to tap a few times.
And the lack of a camera on iPod Touch!