Surgery: Beyerdynamic DT880 body, Ultrasone DJ1Pro guts
I love both of these headphones, but I made a stupid mistake: bought the DT880 from an untested (and pretty uncivil source). They broke (burnt out voice coil) and I'm left with an empty husk. Considering that the DT880 is so comfortable, I decided to gut them, pluck and toss the drivers, and hack the DJ1Pro (another favourite, but a bugger that just doesn't fit on my silly small head) to fit inside the DT880 shell.
Naturally, since the DT880 is an open headphone and the DJ1Pro open, a bit of glueing and masking had to be done. I'll also have to purchase some DT770 pads as the DT880 pads let in too much noise and that gloriously taut DJ1Pro bass is almost 100% gone.
I'll get piccies up soon.