Epic Citadel - Unreal Engine 3 Tech Demo
They have 2 different control systems in place at the same time. You can either use the virtual dual sticks (that you can see on the screenshots) or you can simply tap on any spot to walk there. I like the tap to move better.
Here's some info from the Epic-Citadel.com website:
- Bump offset mapping. Also known as parallax mapping or relief mapping, bump offset mapping enhances the visual appearance of stone walls and rocks providing intricate textures.
- Normal mapped architecture. Brings stunning detail to bricks and ground surfaces within the environment.
- Texture blending with painted weight maps. Refines nuances on roads and terrain, making them rich and lifelike.
- Global illumination. Unreal Engine 3’s built-in global illumination system, Unreal Lightmass, provides realistic lighting and shadows with minimal development resources.
- Dynamic specular lighting with texture masks. Helps create authentic cobblestone roads and vivid reflective marble surfaces, while lens flares and light coronas add dramatic emphasis when panning across light sources.
- Real-time reflections and animation. Environment mapping enables real-time reflections on objects such as the statue inside the cathedral. Dynamic movements of trees and banners are made possible through the use of vertex deformation and skeletal animation.
And a pic straight down at the cobblestones.
Took it on my 3GS. No editing except rotation.
Pretty amazing for a cellphone game. Sadly, the fights from the Keynote aren't in the demo.
ps.: 3GS, iP4, iPad and 3rd gen Touch only.