Improve battery life
Anyone have some tips on how to improve battery life? I find the battery on my iPhone to be 'adequate', but wish it was better.
Here are some things that I do personally:
- Dim the screen
- Turn off wifi and and 3g when I don't need to go online
- Only have either wifi OR 3G on (and not together) when I do check emails/safari
Thanks for the tips susan. The only other thing I can think of is to turn "Location Services" off in the settings.
I did some testing and found that Push Notifications drain the battery less than autochecking for mails every 15 minutes. And it's faster too.
Not playing games helps too!
For me I've always done these:
1. Turn brightness down up to about 1/4 of the scrubber bar, I turn it up if I need to. Turn auto brightness off.
2. Turn off 3G/WiFi when not needed.
3. Lock my phone everytime I'm done using it instead of waiting for the auto-lock to kick in.
4. Close all Safari pages whenever I'm done using it.
5. All refresh systems like Mail are set to Push settings or manual refresh for App Store apps.
6. Get a case that doesn't get your phone hot (I've seen this for a fact and some cases definitely drain battery life).
That's about it.
Leaving BT off when not in use helps some.
One thing I didn't realize that drained a significant amount of my iPod Touch's battery everyday was turning it off before I went to sleep. Little did I know that the process of starting up the iPod in the morning drains a ton of battery as opposed to leaving it on sleep mode.
thanks for the input guys. I will try some of these tips for sure. I think "not playing games" is a big one! ;)
Are you sure that's what happens? I don't do that but I always set a timer for it to sleep by itself at night but this intrigues
Originally Posted by loneapple24
I pretty much do all that;s been suggested here. The one thing I don't do is turn off my phone at night. Its not so much that I find it to save or not save battery life....rather I can't be bothered to wait for my iPhone to boot up when I want to check my emails first thing in the morning :)