So, who's going to win the iPod touch from TouchMyApps?
TMA Forums Giveaway: Win an iPod Touch + iTunes Gift Cards
Not me, but anyone wager a guess? Check out the contest rules, make the necessary steps, and get going! I've got my eye out of course and looking forward to the winner. Well, winning ain't everything and there are plenty of runner up prises to be won in the form of runner ups.
Official iPod Contest rules and original post
Since TouchMyApps' Forums launched 3 weeks ago, we have given away over $1,500 in prizes, such as iSkin gear, a bundle of promo codes for some awesome Apps ‘n Games and more. So what do we have in store now for our next (grand) giveaway? An iPod Touch 8G and four iTunes Gift Cards (1x $50 and 3x $15) of course! Rather than simply selecting winners randomly from a pool of eligible participants, the iPod giveaway will be much more competitive in nature and involve a bit more work. Are you ready to win the big one? Full contest details after the break!
As mentioned, the iPod + iTunes GC giveaway will involve some healthy competition among contestants. It is based on a “referral system”, one where 10 points will be awarded every time you (forum member) refer someone to register and join the TouchMyApps Forums. Important note: In order for your referral to count, he/she must have made a minimum of 1 post (non spam and relevant to topic/discussion) before the contest officially ends. To make things more interesting, for every 5 posts your referred member makes, you will earn an additional 2 points. Therefore, to increase your chances of winning the iPod Touch, it is in your interest to seek out friends/family who own an iDevice and/or enjoy being active in a forum community. And yes, even those newly referred members can enter the contest, so long as they make valid referrals of their own.
There are two ways to get credit for a referral.
When the person you referred to TMA forums is registering, ensure that he/she enters your forum member name in the “Referrer” field before the Complete Registration button is clicked.
Provide the referral link below to anyone you wish to “recruit”. Once the link is opened, have them click on the Register tab and fill out the required info. With this method, their Referrer field will automatically include your member name. Important note: You must replace the X found in the referral link with your actual forum member id number. You can find this by logging into your account and then going to “My Profile”. Once there, you will find a number after member.php? in the URL. This is your Member ID.
Once the contest comes to an end, the forum member with the most referral points will win the iPod Touch. The member with the second most points will win a $50 iTunes Gift card. And finally, the next three with the highest scores will each take home a $15 GC.
1st Prize: An iPod Touch 8G (retail value $199)
2nd Prize: $50 iTunes Gift Card
3rd Prize: $15 iTunes Gift Card (three to be given out)
Full Contest Rules:
Good luck to all and thank you for your continued support!
- The giveaway is open to all. Note: Winners of the iTunes Gift Cards must have a valid US iTunes account in order to redeem the codes.
- Register and become a member of the TouchMyApps Forums (if you haven’t already).
- Receive 10 points for every new referral made to TouchMyApps Forums. Referred member must have made at least 1 post before contest is over in order to be credited the referral.
- Receive an additional 2 points for every 5 posts your referred member makes at TMA forums while contest is open.
- Posts made by referred member(s) cannot be spam and has to be relevant to the topic/discussion.
- All contestants must have a minimum of 1 post under their member account before the giveaway ends or any valid referrals made will not be counted.
- Total referral points will be tallied and the forum member with the highest point total at the conclusion of the contest will win the iPod Touch. 2nd and 3rd place winners will be given iTunes Gift cards.
- In the event that there is a tie when the points are tallied, the member with the higher forum post count will move ahead in the final standings.
- Creating dummy/fake accounts for the sake of scoring referral points is strictly forbidden. Any contestant found doing so (i.e multiple member names registered under same IP address) will be disqualified from giveaway.
- The contest will be open for three weeks and close on March 16th at 23:59 PST.