When I reviewed Palm Heroes in August, it was one of the best games on the iPhone and things haven’t changed since. Nevertheless, the developers continue updating it with better and better controls, graphics, new maps and much much more in the works. Following the 1.1 update that brought into life a completely rebuilt interface, the Palm Heroes team are working to hard to get version 1.2 to the App Store in the next couple of weeks. The list of updates shows the enormous amount of work they are continuing to put into the game:
- better response to fingers. “quick tapping lag” solved!
- manual zoom on “pinch in”
- autoscroll in autozoom can be turned off now
- Czech language support
- minimap is scrollable now
- new “hero” button when infobar is open
- buttons “switch hero” and “menu” exchanged places for more convenient control
- better description of controls in the help section
- more maps to play
And today, Eugene and Andrei of the Palm Heroes Team have agreed to join me and talk about their experience of developing such a complex product for the iPhone, as well as to share some thoughts on the future of both their products and the iPhone in general. My questions are still in bold.