Overkill 3: Get Ready For 3rd Person Mayhem This Fall
The Overkill series from Craneballs has always been among my favorites as far as gallery style shooters go. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical at first when I saw that they were taking the series to a truly 3D third person perspective. The more I watch the video, however, the more excited I get about seeing this game released. If you’re curious, and you should be, you can check out the video yourself here: Overkill 3 Teaser. I’ve also listed a few point of note about the game below.
- Change to TPS to showcase the character and armor/gun upgrades directly in the game
- Boss battles – against drones, robots, vehicles
- Machine gun nest missions for pure “letting of steam”
- Night missions – they look great thanks to Unity with its lighting possibilites
- Plenty of guns and sophisticated gun upgrading (not entirely unexpected from an Overkill title)
- Release date Fall 2014
- iOS and Android
- Free to play
In the mean time, you can check out previous installments of the franchise to get a small taste of what you’re in for.