With school back in full swing, Mobile Systems – one of the largest publishers of dictionary apps on iOS – is offering Concise Oxford English Dictionary with Audio for the iPhone and iPad completely free. Normally sold at $19.99, this popular dictionary has over 240,000 words, phrases, and definitions, and over 50,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words. Suffice to say that this is probably more than adequate for the average person. To compare, the non-concise version ($49.99) includes over 350,000 words and 75,000 audio pronunciations. This freebie offer is only good for today (Sept 3rd), after which the price will stay at $0.99 until Sept 9th.
Concise Oxford English Dictionary with Audio
The Concise Oxford English Dictionary is the most popular dictionary of its kind around the world and is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world. The dictionary app includes over 50,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, available in both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
*Over 240,000 words, phrases, and definitions, covering technical and scientific vocabulary as well as English from around the world
*Hundreds of new words and phrases, based on the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus
*Hundreds of usage notes on tricky vocabulary and grammar usage
*50,000 audio pronunciations
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
* A ‘Favourites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
* Discover more about language with the special language notes and ‘Word of the day’ feature
* See words in context with example sentences
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University…
- Version: 5.2.34
- Created & Sold by: Mobile Systems
- Categories: Reference, Education