CARROT, the quirky todo list “with a personality”, has received its next major update (V3.0) and adds three most-requested features from its users: the ability to set reminders/due dates, repeating tasks and Siri Integration (have Siri add tasks into CARROT for you). But since this is not your ordinary todo app, these first have to be unlocked by actually completing tasks on your list (mark tasks as completed, score points and level up). Think of it as an incentive to get productive. Just don’t expect it be as complex as Things (TMA Review) or OmniFocus; it was designed to be fast, simple and most of all, fun to use. CARROT is now free for a day as well, so grab it for your iPhone, unlock all the goodies and get busy.
What’s New in Version 3.0
Greetings, lazy humans. Because I am a benevolent overlord, I come bearing an update with your most-requested features.
- Reminders/due dates (Unlocks at Level 18). Having trouble remembering what you’re supposed to be doing? Don’t worry, it happens to all meatbags! Just double tap on a task to set a reminder.
- Hard difficulty mode (Level 22). Looking for a challenge? Type “CARROT hard mode” in my command line and I’ll get fed up with you much more quickly.
- Siri sync (Level 24**). Get Siri to do your dirty work for you! Tell her, “Remind me to walk the dog on Friday at 9pm” and I’ll import the task the next time you launch me. You must have a list named either “Reminders” or “CARROT” in Apple’s Reminders app for this feature to work. For more details, tap Support > Help in my menu. (**Note: If you’re already above level 24, you have to level up one or two times before I’ll explain and unlock the feature for you.)
- Recurring tasks (Level 28). Sick of entering tasks like “blink” over and over again? You’re in luck! Now, when setting a reminder, you can make common tasks repeat.
** Featured by Apple, Jeopardy, Wall Street Journal, NPR, Fast Company, & more! **
"CARROT is adorable. I have a huge grin on my face from using her." - Louie Mantia, Pacific Helm
"CARROT breathes new life into to-do lists." - Lewis Painter, The Strand
"If you want an extra kick in the [pants] from a sadistic robot, you'll want to give CARROT a shot." - Adam Dachis, LifeHacker
"01000001 00101011 00101011 00101011" - Deep Blue, Supercomputer
Users, critics, and supercomputers the world over have fallen in love with CARROT and her twisted personality. What are you waiting for, an engraved invitation? Download CARROT now!
Meet CARROT, the world's first to-do list with a personality.
You keep this sadistic AI construct happy by getting things done in real life.
She'll reward you.
But be careful!
Slackers make CARROT upset.
You do NOT want to make CARROT upset.
• Amazingly simple to-do list that's also a virtual pet
• Unlockable app upgrades, from reminders to mini-games to an actual kitten
• Thirty dastardly challenges to complete
• Over 400 unique rewards that vary depending on CARROT's mood
• The first three chapters in an epic, branching story
• Cheat codes, customization options, and kitten costumes available via in-app purchase
CARROT doesn’t just make getting things done fun – she makes getting things done addictive.
Don't make CARROT angry. Download her now!
Have feedback? CARROT would love to hear from you!
And because I'm feeling generous, I also squashed a couple evil bugs, including the one that made it impossible to swipe certain tasks. (Many of you thought that was a feature, not a bug. Don't go giving me ideas.)
Thanks so much for an amazing first year of life. Enjoy the new app, and take solace in the knowledge that CARROT To-Do 5.0 is going to be legendary.
- Version: 4.1.3
- Created & Sold by: Grailr LLC
- Categories: Productivity, Utilities