If you’ve always wondered how much it costs to drive to work each day, this is one freebie you need on your iPhone. Fuel Monitor has dropped to free (down from $1.99) and it not only shows you the cost of a trip based on the latest gas price and car model, but also speed, gas used, average consumption, distance and duration.
Unlike other apps that calculate gas prices, this is the only app that uses your GPS to calculate the exact amount, rather than you having to guess the trip’s distance. Fuel Monitor identifies your location and gives you accurate information. Fuel Monitor bases its calculations on consumption data provided by manufacturers, and enhances this data by integrating additional information such as your driving style, traffic jams, accelerations, braking and more.
As the title aptly suggests, Fuel Monitor’s main screen has an “Efficiency Meter”, which essentially shows you the efficiency of your driving. With the aid of the phone’s GPS and the speed of travel, the meter’s green band signifies you’re consuming gas at an optimal rate, whereas yellow and red means your pedal-to-the-metal ways is ultimately going to cost you more for the extra fuel you’re (needlessly) burning. It’ll also let you know when you’re stationary in traffic or step on the accelerator/brake too frequently.
All the data is shown in real time, so you’ll be able to adjust your bad driving habits and save some dosh in the long run. Here are the rest of its features:
- Trip estimation – estimate the cost of your trip in advance, by distance or by address.
- There are also functions for parking and finding your way back to your vehicle.
- We have a pool of over 60,000 vehicles to choose from.
- Save your trip, and share it with friends or show it to your boss.
- Calculate the total costs of several trips with the ‘Calculator’ in the ‘My Journeys’ page.
- Keep the app running in the background.
Fuel Monitor is now free for a limited time and requires iOS 4.3 or later.
"Featured in AppsGoneFree. Your daily free app resource."
As of now, your iPhone can measure your fuel consumption. Fuel Monitor tracks your journeys and calculates the costs, all you have to do is select your vehicle and your phone does the rest!
TNW – THE NEXT WEB:
" First up, Fuel Monitor has been really well put together, it’s beautifully designed and everything works at the first time of asking. Importantly, it’s very user-friendly"
" Environmental and efficiency issues aside, Fuel Monitor could also be used to show your boss how much you spent driving to that conference, or divide the cost of a trip between friends."
" Get real-time feedback on how you’re driving and calculate how much you’ve spent on gas with this travel app."
" The app also claims to help drivers save money and reduce their carbon footprint, by way of greener, more efficient driving. Who doesn’t want to save money and the earth?"
Auto Tracking- Now you really can let the app do all the work, as Fuel Monitor now detects when you start driving on its own so you don't even need to turn it on. At the end of the journey, the data will be stored in "My Journeys" and you can track your journey cost history day by day and learn how to save money.
Efficiency Meter – The efficiency meter provides you with information on the efficiency and character of your driving. If you use this feature well, you could save up to 15% on your monthly fuel costs, and reduce your carbon footprint as an added bonus.
Real-time Data – Check out your journey's data in real-time, including duration, distance, speed, fuel used, average consumption & total journey cost.
Journey Estimation – You can also estimate your journey in advance according to distance or by address.
There is also a feature for finding parking and navigating back to your parked vehicle.
Accident Kit –We hope you won't need this feature, but if you happen to be in an accident, the app detects your location and you can enter the information of the other driver involved. You can even take photos of the accident and send them to your insurance company at the press of a button.
You can store the details of your journeys and share them with a friend or employer, including an infographic of your data.
The app works in the background, can work with navigation apps.
We have a pool of over 60,000 vehicles to choose from.
Why is this different to other fuel apps?
Unlike other apps which calculate fuel costs, this is the only app that works with your GPS, so there is no need to estimate distances – Fuel Monitor detects your location and calculates the exact figures.
How does it work?
Fuel Monitor bases its information on consumption data provided by your vehicle's manufacturers.
All vehicles go through the same tests, but they're done in lab conditions. "Dry runs" always provide better results than in reality.
Fuel Monitor enhances this data by integrating external factors such as the nature of your driving, traffic, acceleration, braking and more. Therefore, we provide the most accurate data possible for your own driving.
We'd be happy to hear how we can improve your user experience.
Find us on Facebook at "Fuel Monitor" or contact us by email at [email protected]
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery…
· Fully supported by iPhone 5
· Info graphics that you can share with anyone make it easier to read the information.
· Auto Tracking: Now you really can let the app do all the work, as Fuel Monitor now detects when you start driving on its own so you don't even need to turn it on. At the end of the journey, the data will be stored in "My Journeys" and you can track your journey cost history day by day and learn how to save money.
· My Profile: From now on, all your details will be collected together in "My Profile", and you'll be able to see your average consumption, distance, volume of fuel used and overall cost.
· Accident Kit: We hope you won't need to use this particular new feature, but the truth is that accidents happen and it's best to be prepared. In the event of an accident, the app will detect your location and you can take photos of what happened, enter the details of the other driver, and send all this information directly to your insurance company at the press of a button.
· We have also added thousands of new vehicles that you have requested.
We'd love to hear any comments you have about the app – find us on Facebook at "Fuel Monitor".
- Version: 2.0.0
- Created & Sold by: Adir Genish
- Categories: Productivity, Utilities