Skype for iPad has been updated to version 4.5 and with it, comes several new additions:
- The app automatically reconnects a dropped call when wifi or 3/4G network reception is poor
- Add money to your Skype account from within the app to call mobile/landlines worldwide or send SMS (currently only available in US, UK, France, Sweden and Estonia)
- Swipe from left of the screen to open a new sidebar of your recent conversations
And listed under General fixes, the update now corrects the order in which the One-to-one chat appears.
As for purchasing Skype credits directly from your iPad, it may be worth doing it online instead as Skype’s 30% off gift cards is still ongoing. If you’ve read some of my Skype related posts in the past, then you’ll know that I’ve subscribed to their North America plan ($2.99 per month for “unlimited” calling to any number within the US and Canada, or 15% off for the year). Now with the 30% discount on gift cards – which you can use on yourself as well), that’s even more savings if you’re thinking about trying out this great plan. Do note that there’s a limit of 5 vouchers which can be redeemed per promotional campaign, so don’t go buying a bundle of them and expect to be able to redeem them all on your own account.
Skype Software, Skype for iPad, 16.3 MB – Free
Skype for iPad
Join over 250 million people every month using Skype
- Get started with Skype on your iPad and find your friends in an instant.
Call friends on Skype
- Enjoy free voice and video calls to anyone else who is on Skype and make HD quality video calls from your iPad 4.
Message friends and send photos in an instant
- Instant message your friends in a flash, add emoticons and even photos.
- Stay in touch with friends and family even when they're busy or offline with unlimited, free video messages.
Call mobiles and landlines
- Add a little Skype Credit to send low-cost SMS messages or call friends on their mobile or landline.
No WiFi? No problem.
- Skype works on 3G* and WiFi – so you can stay in touch, even if you’re out and about.
Chat with anyone, anywhere
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and even TVs. Whatever device your friend or family uses, Skype just works. Simple.
Search the app store for other great apps from Skype:
- Skype for iPhone
- Skype WiFi
• iOS 5 or above.
• Send and receive video using front or back camera on iPad 2, iPad 3rd Generation, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini.
• Works with any H264 compatible devices, including…
- Updated microphone permissions for iOS7
- General fixes and speed improvements
- Version: 4.15
- Created & Sold by: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- Categories: Social Networking, Productivity