Have you ever found yourself jumping from app to app, or webpage to webpage watching online videos from various sources? If so, you need Frequency. It’s similar to Zite in that it aggregates news content under one roof, but instead of articles, you’ll find videos. Lots of them.
Frequency finds, organizes and delivers all the video you care about. Instead of going to all of your favorite websites, social networks and apps to watch the latest videos, this 5-Star app brings the best of everything to you on your iPad or iPhone.
With Frequency, you can watch video from all your favorite online sources on your favorite topics: news, comedy, entertainment, food, fashion, health, music, sports, technology and much more. You can also watch videos your friends share with you on social networks like Facebook and Twitter, and from your YouTube account.
What’s to Like:
- Thousands of channels to choose from under broad range of categories
- Add channels to personalize your account
- Watch all the latest videos from your favorite sites with just one app
- Watch videos your friends share with you on Facebook or Twitter
- Trending and Viral videos at your finger tips
- Save videos to ‘Favorites’ or ‘Watch Later’ list
- Change video quality (Auto/low/high/1080p)
- Saved Channels and lists synced across iDevices and even on the web
- Waste time watching Mr.Bean and Just For Laugh gags!
What’s not to Like:
- No way to look up specific video feeds via a search
- Video feed only goes back to several days/weeks/months, all depending on the individual feed
- If you have a LOT of channels added, locating them isn’t the most friendly (instead of displaying them in a row, it’d be nice to have the icons presented in a grid
And with the recent update of Frequency, browsing through videos with the app is now possible on the iPhone. Aside from being optimized for the iPhone 5, you can swipe up/down on the video player to skip to the next video (works on the iPad as well). This helps make it even easier to use with just one hand. The update’s also brought in some new channels, like PopSugar, College Humor, Space.com and more.
You won’t find full length feature movies or network TV shows, but for catching up on news, the latest viral vids or browsing through video content of your favorite websites, Frequency makes for a great companion on your iPhone and/or iPad. Best of all, it’s completely free, so if wasting time consuming online videos is your thing, Frequency is a must-have for your app collection.
Frequency ~ Watch Videos like TV
Instead of going to all your favorite websites, social networks, blogs and apps to watch videos, you can watch free video all your favorite online sources across dozens of categories: news, comedy, entertainment, food, fashion, health, movies, music, sports, technology and much more.
Frequency also turns your Facebook, Twitter and YouTube feeds into personal streaming video channels. You can watch all the videos your friends have shared with you just like a TV channel. The simple interface and continuously playing video streams are perfect for “lean back” viewing.
You choose your own channels from the thousands of choices in the Channel Guide, and just tap to add them to your personal video Tuner. You can access your Tuner from anywhere – on your computer, iPad, iPhone or on your Apple TV using AirPlay.
With the free Frequency video app, you get:
• All The Best Videos -- the most recent and most popular videos at your fingertips
• The Most Channels -- thousands of the web’s highest quality video streams
• Current News & Events -- breaking news, people and topics that are happening right now
• Social Media Channels -- watch all the videos your friends are sharing on Facebook, Twitter & YouTube in a continuous-play video stream
• Full Screen -- go full screen at any time, in full 1080p High Definition, just like TV
• AirPlay -- use AirPlay to watch your favorite videos and channels directly on your TV
--- "Frequency’s interface is slick, and creating video channels from sites like Discovery Networks and WSJ is a better deal than cable." - Mashable ---
Frequency is perfect for watching video for free. Get real-time news, indie movies, episodic video series, TV highlights, web-based TV shows, movie trailers, video clips, sports highlights, YouTube videos, and music videos. If you are looking for free feature-length movies and free network TV shows, you will want to download those directly from iTunes.
- Helpful Frequency Tips -
• Try it - you’ll LOVE this free app!
• Full 1080p HD video is available on many channels
• When in full screen, flick the video to watch the next or previous video
• Video quality is adjustable in your Settings. (Streaming video generally requires a high-speed internet connection or 4G cellular connection for smooth playback.)
- Version: 2.1.4
- Created by: Frequency
- Categories: Entertainment, News