Adobe Photoshop Touch, the robust image editing app especially designed for the iPad (2nd and 3rd gen) has just been updated to version 1.3, with support for the Retina display being added. This means that all your photographs and images will look even more spectacular on the new iPad. More importantly, especially for photographers and those serious about their work, Photoshop Touch now supports images up to 12 megapixels. The previous size limitation was a huge downer for those who wished to work with high-resolution images. Also new with the update are 2 new effects (shred and colorize), support for Apple Photo Stream and a new three-finger tap gesture tap to toggle 100% view. Check out the complete list of what’s new after the break, along with 2 intro videos to the Photoshop Touch app.
Adobe, Adobe Photoshop Touch - $9.99
What’s New in Version 1.3
• Retina Display Support: See your images like never before with the Retina display on the new iPad (third generation).
• Higher resolution capabilities: Work on high-resolution images while maintaining the highest image quality. Supports images up to 12 megapixels.
• Two new languages: Russian and Brazilian Portuguese.
• Two new Effects: Shred and Colorize
• Smoother animation and scrolling in the organizer, tutorial browser, and file picker
• New gesture to toggle 100% view and fit screen (three-finger tap)
• New pixel nudging mode for precise movements
• Support for Apple Photo Stream
• Various bug fixes
Transform your images with core Adobe® Photoshop® features in an app designed for tablets.
Combine images, apply professional effects, share results with friends and family through Facebook – all from the convenience of your iPad.
• Use popular Photoshop features designed for the tablet such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create mind-blowing images.
• Use your iPad camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique camera fill feature.
• Select part of an image to extract by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With Refine Edge, use your fingertip to capture even hard-to-select image elements, like hair, with ease.
• Work on high-resolution images while maintaining the highest image quality. Supports images up to 12 megapixels.
• Follow step-by-step tutorials to easily learn techniques the pros use for great-looking results.
• Search and acquire images with the integrated Google Image Search.
• Share images on Facebook and view comments right within the app.
• Browse an inspirational gallery for the styles and results you’d like to achieve.
• Use AirPrint for wireless printing of Photoshop Touch projects.
• Sync projects to Adobe Creative Cloud* and open layered files from Adobe Photoshop Touch in Photoshop CS6 or Photoshop CS5.1.
• Free membership to Creative Cloud gives you 2GB of cloud storage plus the ability to sync between tablet and desktop, access files from the web, and easily share with others.
• Requires iPad 2 or later and iOS 5. Not available for iPad (first generation).