Deal Alert: Make $50 (and potentially lots more) for simply opening an ING Direct Account with Orange Key [Canada Only]
Update: The Orange Key $50 promo is back and extended until Dec 31st, 2012.
This is not iOS related, but seeing how we’ve covered deals in the past, I want to pass on this awesome promo to our Canadian readers (yes, it’s only applicable within Canada). ING Direct, the online bank that has 1.8 million Canadian customers, is doubling their usual $25 bonus to $50 for each referral made. So when a friend or family member opens up a new ING account using your Orange Key (which is essentially your unique referral code), both you AND the other person will get $50. If you refer 100 people, you’ll earn an easy $5000. The best part is that there is no catch and its as simple as opening a free account with a minimum deposit of $100. Want to learn more about how you can score some easy money? Keep reading!
First of all, before we get down to the nitty gritty, I first heard about this ING promotion through a friend, and naturally, I was a bit skeptical. Is this some kind of scam? A pyramid scheme? Am I being duped into doing something I’ll regret the next day? Well knowing that ING’s been around for quite some time and that several of my friends use their Free online banking service, I decided to give the bank a call. After speaking with the rep for nearly 40 minutes, and asking every question I could think of, I soon learned that it was for realsies. Here’s what you’ll need to do to get started:
- You must be a be a new ING Direct client to take advantage of the $50 bonus offer
- Visit ING Direct online to register for a Chequing or Savings account
- Or you can call customer service atÂ 1-888-464-3232 to set one up
- When you get to the Orange Key box area, enterÂ 39694980S1Â (this is my Orange Key)
- Ensure that this key is provided, otherwise you’ll lose out on the $50
- Upon filling in a your personal and banking info, you’ll be asked to mail in a cheque of $100 (or more) to deposit into your new account. If you don’t complete this step, you also won’t be eligible for the bonus money
- Once your cheque has cleared, a $50 referral bonus will be deposited into your account
As a new client, I sent my initial $100 cheque into ING and within 2 business days, the funds were deposited and my referral bonus of $50 were added (see screenshot above). The great thing is that this promotion has no strings attached, and you donâ€™t even have to leave your money in the account for a certain period of time. If you want to withdraw all your bonus money (including the inital $100 deposit) the following day, youâ€™re free to do so. Personally, Iâ€™m going to make use of INGâ€™s free account. Itâ€™s the only chequing acccount I know that actually pays interest on your balance, not to mention all the otherÂ features it offers.
The $50 referral bonus expires on August 31, 2012, so you still have some time to make some easy money. After that, itâ€™ll revert back to the standard $25 bonus.
If youâ€™re still unsure or have more questions, I suggest getting in touch with ING yourself and ask away. Enjoy your free fifty dollars (and more)!
The Fine Print as per INGÂ double the bonus page:
* Bonus deposits will be made into your Investment Savings Account, unless you have a THRiVE Chequing Account, then youâ€™ll receive your bonus there. If you donâ€™t already have either Account, weâ€™ll open an Investment Savings Account for you to make the deposit automatically. $50 will be paid out to you and your friend provided that your friend is a new Client to INGÂ DIRECT and has opened an Account with at least $100 or more by August 31,Â 2012.