tyype HD, the handy text editor that lets you control the onscreen cursor via gestures (slide a finger above the virtual keyboard to move the cursor left or right, pinch to scale font size etc), has been updated with several new features that give the app even more functionality. Perhaps biggest of all is Dropbox integration; now your text no longer lives on an island and everything can be synced to and from the cloud (no iCloud support just yet). Also, Portait orientation has been added, along with support for Markdown (markup language that lets you convert plain text format into HTML) – which can then be sent via email as HTML text or an attachment, or saved as an HTML file to Dropbox. As someone who makes heavy use of Markdown – particularly when drafting TMA posts on my iPad – this is definitely a much welcomed addition. tyype HD sells for $2.99 and is worth a good look, especially if you don’t have a bluetooth keyboard lying around and do plenty of typing on the iPad’s virtual keyboard.
iApp, tyype HD - $0.99
Tyype HD is a revolutionary gesture based text editor for iPad.
Quick and natural gestures allow you to quickly move around the text and select bits of it without multiple taps required. With Tyype text editing becomes more natural – want to move cursor , just pan your finger, that’s it!
Some of the gestures tyype supports are:
* One finger pan – lets you move the cursor precisely between characters.
* Two finger pan – similar as above, but is used to highlight the text.
* Three finger pan – same as one finger, but moves the cursor twice as fast – comes in handy when you deal with large amount of text
* Two finger double tap – selects entire text
What’s New in Version 2.5
- Dropbox integration (copying files to and from Dropbox, editing files directly on Dropbox)
- Portrait orientation support
- Markdown support
- Page up/down buttons for navigating around large texts
- Improved gestures support
- UI improvements
- Various bugfixes