Google Drive app now available for iOS
Google Drive has landed on iOS. First launched by Google back in April, Drive is a cloud storage service like Dropbox that will allow its users to store their files on Google’s servers – as well as on their PCs and Macs. And with the release of the iOS app, Drive users can finally access and view their documents, images etc. on the iPhone and iPad. The app also supports offline viewing, file sharing with collaborators, starring or important files and more. If you don’t have a Drive account, you can get started here, where all new users get 5 GB free of storage space. Google Drive is a free download and now available on the App Store.
Google, Inc., Google Drive – Free
Google Drive lets you create, share, collaborate and keep all your stuff in one place. Upload all your files from your computer – even the big ones – and you can access them anywhere, including your iPhone or iPad. We get you started with 5 GB free.
Quickly share a photo with a friend 1000 miles away. Read the most up to date version of your document whether you’re at home, at the office, or on the go. Make items available offline so you view them while you’re on a plane. No matter what happens to your devices, even if your iPhone goes for a swim, your files are safely stored in Google Drive.
What’s New in Version 1.0.1
Welcome to Google Drive!
– Quickly and easily access and view your documents, photos and videos anywhere
– Make files available offline so you can view them even when you don’t have Internet connection
– Easily share files with collaborators on the go
– Sync files across your desktop and all your devices
– Open files from Drive with other apps installed on your device
– Star your most important files to easily find them later