Apple Store, the app that lets users purchase, reserve, and track Apple products right from the comforts of their iDevices, has been updated with two handy new additions. First up with the 2.2 update is Express Checkout, a feature (previously only available to online browsers) which lets you skip the full checkout process by simply tapping the buy button and entering your password. On iOS, this must be enabled first under the ‘More’ tab –> Account Settings, where you can enter payment details, as well as shipping info and/or specify an Apple Store to pick up the goods. The second new feature (only available on the iPhone 4S and for pick ups) lets users alert Apple ‘Specialists’ when you’re approaching the Apple Store, so your item will be ready for you upon arrival. The Apple Store app for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad is free to download from the App Store.
Apple, Apple Store, – Free
When you’re on the go, the Apple Store app is the best way to research, personalize, and buy products from Apple, and get help at the Apple Retail Store.
Here’s what you can do with the Apple Store app on your iPhone or iPod touch:
- Buy the latest Apple products and accessories and get them shipped to your door, or reserve select products for pickup at an Apple Store.
- Personalize an iPad or an iPod with free engraving, plus get signature gift wrapping for select Apple products.
- Custom-configure a new Mac with the options you want, including larger drives and more memory.
- Track your stuff: View the status of current and previous orders in the order status section.
- While in an Apple Store, request help, check in for reservations, and meet up with a Specialist at the store.
- Make Genius Bar and One to One reservations and sign up for workshops and events.
Supported in English and French.