About a month ago, we’d posted a video of a prototype iPad keyboard that would allow the movement of the onscreen cursor left or right by simply dragging a finger in either direction. Such functionality would indeed make it much easier for the user when editing text on the iPad. Well for all you non-jailbreakers out there who want to try out gesture based editing on your iPads, developer iApp have recently released tyype HD, a simple enough app that let’s you do just that. Sliding your finger above the virtual keyboard, you can move the cursor left or right. To quickly select text, use two fingers, while three fingers move the cursor twice as fast. In addition, pinch gestures will scale the font size. tyype HD is available now on the App Store for the intro price of $0.99, and after several planned updates (multiple file support and Dropbox/iCloud sync), it’ll sell for $2.99. Check out the video demo of the app in action after the gap.
iApp, tyype HD - $0.99
Tyype HD is a revolutionary gesture based text editor for iPad.
Quick and natural gestures allow you to quickly move around the text and select bits of it without multiple taps required.
Some of the gestures tyype supports are:
* One finger pan – lets you move the cursor precisely between characters.
* Two finger pan – similar as above, but is used to highlight the text.
* Three finger pan – same as one finger, but moves the cursor twice as fast – comes in handy when you deal with large amount of text
* Pinch – scales the font size
* Two finger double tap – selects entire text
What’s New in Version 1.1
- word/character count
- gesture recognition improvement
- undo/redo keyboard extension