The untethered Jailbreak solution for iOS 5.1.1 we’d posted about earlier this week has finally arrived with the public release of Absinthe 2.0.
After copious amounts of work and many sleepless nights Absinthe 2.0 is finally here to jailbreak your device. This release has been a large collaborative effort between Chronic-Dev Team and iPhone Dev Teams (Jailbreak Dream Team)
This jailbreak supports firmware 5.1.1 ONLY and is again one of the most easiest jailbreaks to use
Absinthe 2.0 is compatible with a host of recent iDevices, including the iPhone 3GS/4/4S, iPod Touch 3G/4G and iPad 1/2/3. That’s right. iPad 3 owners can finally jailbreak their device and install their favorite Cydia apps. Instructions, links and more info after the break.
Using Absinthe 2.0
1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)
How To Untether Jailbreak 5.1.1 if you’re already jailbroken:
- Just search for and install “Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether” from Cydia.
- Absinthe2.0 MacOSX (10.5, 10.6, 10.7)
- Absinthe2.0 Windows (XP/Vista/Win7)
- Absinthe2.0 Linux (x86/x86_64)
- iPhone 3Gs
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 1
- iPad 2 Wifi
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPad 3 Wifi
- iPad 3 CDMA
- iPad 3 Global
- iPod 3G
- iPod 4G
- AppleTV 2
Device not Supported
- Apple TV3