New on iOS App Store: Free App of the Week and Editors’ Choice
Apple has quietly launched two new weekly promotions/sub-categories on the App Store: Free App of the Week and Editors’ Choice. The former – as the name implies – features an app that will go free for an entire week, and Cut the Rope: Experiments for the iPhone (as $0.99) and iPad (was $1.99) is the promo’s very first selection (Apple tweeted CtR: Experiments as their #FreeAppoftheWeek). The latter meanwhile, has replaced the weekly feature formerly known as the iPhone and iPad App of the Week. This week’s selections are Extreme Skater and Facebook Camera for the iPhone and SketchBook Ink and Air Mail for the iPad.
As for the Mac App Store, while there doesn’t appear to a Free App of the Week up for grabs, there are two current Editors’ Choice Mac apps: Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Cobook. Be sure to grab the excellent Cut the Rope: Experiments now for your iDevice(s).
[via Cult of Mac]
***FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME***
The NEW Handy Candy level pack has finally arrived to Cut the Rope: Experiments! Move the robo arms to catch, release, and drop candy into Om Nom’s mouth!
Cut the Rope: Experiments is a follow-up to ZeptoLab’s award-winning mobile game Cut the Rope, and features the familiar little monster Om Nom who is discovered by a mad (but not bad) scientist determined to study his candy-loving behavior through a series of experiments.
Cut the ropes, move robo arms, release candy into Om Nom’s mouth, collect shiny gold stars, and unlock new levels.
Join millions of people around the globe and help the Professor and Om Nom get through these wacky experiments!
- 150 new experiments (levels) across 6 colorful new settings, with more to come!
- 6 level packs: Getting Started, Shooting the Candy, Sticky Steps, Rocket Science, Bath Time, and Handy Candy
- New gameplay elements like rope guns, suction cups, rockets, water, and robo arms!
- New storyline featuring commentary from the Professor
- Find hidden evidence for the Professor’s photo album and share it on Facebook or Twitter
- New achievements and leaderboards – compare your progress to other rope cutters around the world!