Apple Movie Trailers app now supports new iPad’s retina display
iTunes Move Trailers 1.1 is now designed for the spectacular Retina display on the all new iPad.
Aside from the high-res updates to the movie posters and other assets, the trailers themselves have also been improved. As long as you’re streaming them at “High Definition” (Settings –>Trailers –> Trailer Playback Quality), the trailers look awesome on the new iPad. If you’re watching them on LTE connections though, you may want to be careful and think about bumping down the quality settings a touch. Otherwise, your monthly data quota will be consumed before you can say “damn you movie trailers!”
Apple, iTunes Movie Trailers, – Free
iTunes Movie Trailers puts the newest and most exclusive movie previews in HD in your hands. Browse trailers, clips, and featurettes for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters and independent cinema; view stunning HD photos; explore a year-long calendar of movie releases; find showtimes near you and get ticket info directly from your iPad or iPhone.
• Access hundreds of movie trailers, clips, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and images, available in HD or SD.
• Explore an interactive, year-long release calendar that helps you plan when you’ll be going to the theaters.
• Save favorite movies and theaters for immediate access anytime.
• Search what’s playing at your local theaters and purchase tickets directly from your iPad or iPhone.
• Save images to your iPad photo gallery, to use as iPad or desktop wallpapers or send to your friends.
• Browse top charts to view the most downloaded trailers, box office rankings, and top movies on iTunes to buy or rent.
• Enjoy your favorite movie trailers on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV.
• Email or tweet trailer recommendations to your friends.
• Use iCloud to push your favorite theaters and movie trailers to all of your iOS devices.
• iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2, iPod touch (3rd generation), or iPod touch (4th generation) is required.
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch must have iOS 4.3 or later.
• Syncing with iCloud requires iOS 5 or later and a valid iCloud account.
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with internet access using Wi-Fi or 3G.