Animoog, billed as the first professional synthesizer designed for the iPad and one of the apps used to create this awesome music video, has just released for the iPhone. Packed with plenty of features and backed by Moog technology, Animoog lets musicians create a wide range of synthetic sounds.
Powered by Moog’s new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), Animoog allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
To celebrate its release, Animoog on the iPad is now on sale for $9.99 (down from $29.99) and the newly released iPhone version is available at the introductory price of $0.99 (regularly $9.99). Check out the demo videos of Animoog on the iPad in action after the break.
Moog Music Inc., Animoog for iPhone, – $0.99
ASHEVILLE, NC – DECEMBER 21, 2011 – Moog Music today announced the release of Animoog for the Apple iPhone 4 and 4s. Previously only available for the iPad 1 and 2, Animoog for iPhone is now available on the iTunes App Store at an introductory price of only $.99. After Animoog for iPhone’s promotional pricing period ends, the price will rise to $9.99.
Animoog was the first professional synthesizer designed for Apple’s iPad, and was the first music app in history to reach the number one spot of paid apps on the iTunes App Store on its first day of release. Additionally, Apple named Animoog one of the best iPad music apps of the year in it’s 2011 App Store Rewind, and Macworld named Animoog one of its three top iOS music apps
Animoog was a featured panel topic at Moogfest 2011 in Asheville, NC where artists Moby and Richard Devine discussed how they use it in their music productions, in front of a large audience of Moog fans. Additionally, the band The Flaming Lips performed the solo from the song “Lucky Man” on Animoog, live at Moogfest.
“We are very excited about the release of Animoog for iPhone” said Mike Adams, president and CEO of Moog Music, Inc. “While the hardware is smaller, users can expect the same amazing sound and intuitive user interface. A professional synthesizer now actually fits in your pocket.”
Animoog removes the boundaries of conventional instruments and brings an exciting array of creative tools to users’ fingertips. Much more than a simple app, Animoog takes full advantage of the iPad and iPhone 4’s multi-touch surface like no other instrument. Play a chord and modulate each note independently of one another, add vibrato and sweep the filter on one note in a chord with no effort at all and much, much more. Animoog gives users the creative freedom to create and intimately control an entire sonic universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression.
In addition to offering Animoog for iPhone 4 at an introductory price of $.99, Moog is also offering it’s other iOS apps, Animoog for iPad and Filtatron, at special sale prices of $9.99 and $4.99, respectively.
· Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
· Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
· Polyphonic Modulation – Users simply slide their fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
· Polyphonic Pitch Shifting – Users asily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding their fingers.
· Delay Module - A classic analog style ping-pong delay.
· Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
· Moog Filter - The classic Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
· Record Module – Users can record a performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support Copy/Paste
· Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s XY space to create new expressive and shifting sounds.
· Orbit Module – Users control the rate of orbit in the XY space around the path they created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
· Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
· MIDI In - Use a Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
• Animoog for iPad: http://itunes.apple.com/
· Animoog for iPhone and iPod Touch: http://itunes.apple.
· Animoog product page: http://www.moogmusic.
· Moog Music website: http://www.moogmusic.
· Moog Music on Twitter: http://www.Twitter.
· Moog Music on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.
About Moog Music:
Moog Music synthesizers and other electronic musical instruments are designed and lovingly handcrafted in the Moog factory in downtown Asheville, N.C. Moog Music and its customers carry on the legacy of Dr. Robert Moog, inventor of the Moog synthesizer and Founder of Moog Music Inc.