Snapheal for the Mac was released on the Mac App Store earlier this morning. Brought to you by MacPhun, makers of the excellent iOS photo editing app FX Photo Studio (TMA Review), Snapheal lets you perform object removals and other complex touch ups without any prior knowledge of photoshop. It’s a matter of choosing areas you want to remove/touch up, hitting a button, and Snapheal’s algorithm does the rest. Here’s what it do:
- Remove unwanted objects from the image
- Make skin imperfections vanish
- Erase unwanted text (watermarks, etc)
- Dramatically enhance photos with clone & stamp tool
- Lighten dark areas
- Sharpen images
- Add blur
- Import pictures from Aperture and iPhoto
- Adjust saturation, gamma, light levels, shadows and much more
Judging from the demo video, Snapheal does work “magic” and it truly makes removing objects from photos a painless process. Best of all, you won’t have to spend a whole lot for this promising photo app. Normally at $19.99, Snapheal is now on sale for only $9.99. Check out the videos and full app description after the break.
MacPhun, Snapheal - $9.99
Here is what you can do:
• Remove unwanted objects from the image
• Make skin imperfections vanish
• Erase unwanted text (watermarks, etc)
• Dramatically enhance photos with clone & stamp tool
• Lighten dark areas
• Sharpen images
• Add blur
• Adjust saturation, gamma, light levels, shadows and much more
★ ERASE TOOL ★
Mark the areas you want to enhance with a brush, choose one of the processing algorithms and click erase – Snapheal will do the rest. Erase objects, which look unnecessary; remove skin imperfections; delete unwanted text and more.
Snapheal uses unique patent technology and three different algorithms for erasing big objects, small objects, skin healing, text removal and for erasing objects on the gradient background, so you can be sure to get best results possible.
★ CLONE & STAMP ★
The tool that every photographer needs. Clone & Stamp lets you dramatically enhance image by painting one part of the image over another. You can duplicate objects or fix imperfections on the photo. If you need help, check the built-in video tutorials. Snapheal gives you video tips on how to use each and every tool.
★ RETOUCH STUDIO ★
A set of handy tools to enhance specific parts of the image. You can adjust contrast and saturation, sharpen specific area, lighten dark images or fix the pictures with too much light on them. All is done in seconds: you pick the adjustment, set the brush size and paint over the area that needs improvements. Snapheal lets you preview the result live.
★ IMAGE ADJUST TOOLBOX ★
10 most essential tools to make your photos look perfect. Use sliders to adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, color temperature, hue and saturation. You can also lighten shadows, darken highlights, sharpen image or reduce noise on the photo. Unlike in retouch studio, where you apply enhancements to a specific area of the image, tools in this panel help you fix the whole image at once.
★ MORE AWESOME FEATURES ★
Snapheal is your ultimate app to make pictures much better. In addition to the above features, you get:
• Crop, rotate and flip functions
• Support of practically all image formats, including RAW
• Support of resolution up to 32 megapixels
• Built-in video tutorials and tips
• Possibility to import pics from Aperture and iPhoto albums
• Possibility to export images to iPhoto or share via most popular social networks (Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
All this power is fit into amazingly intuitive and stylish user interface, which lets you preview the results, compare resulting image with original, switch between tool panels with a click and what is most important understand how to work with the app in no time.
Snapheal was created to help you make perfect photos easy. Put it to the test with any of your images that need fixes and you’ll be glad you’ve picked Snapheal.