SpellTower, easily the best word game to release for iOS in recent memory, has been updated to add universal support for the iPhone. Previously only available for the iPad, this strategic word game features 4 game modes, eye pleasing visuals, game center leaderboards and achievements for you to see just how expansive your vocabulary really is. Puzzle Mode gives the game a Tetris (or even Drop7) feel to it, where bottom rows are added for every word you make. Once the blocks reach the top, it’s game over. If you’re tired of the likes of Bookworm (Review) or Abca (Review), take a closer look at SpellTower. You’d be hard pressed to find a better word game at the moment on the iDevice. The video trailer below will run you through all the game modes and how they’re played.
Zach Gage, SpellTower, – $1.99
- From the creator of critically acclaimed titles Halcyon, Bit Pilot, and Unify -
Find and swipe (or tap!) words in 4 challenging modes. Make long words or use bonus tiles to clear extra letters from the screen!
* WORDS + STRATEGY = AWESOME *
Pick your words wisely! As you work, more tiles rise from the bottom of the screen, and it’ll take all of your lexicological wits and tactical know-how to keep them down. If any of the letters make it to the top row, it’s game over.
* FOUR AMAZING MODES *
- TOWER MODE : No pressure here. Try and get the highest score possible out of 150 letters, eliminating small words to set up 7- and 8-letter blockbusters!
- PUZZLE MODE : Every word you make adds a new row of letters! Strategic word finding at its best.
- EXTREME PUZZLE MODE : Puzzle mode with the minimum word length cranked up. Experts only!
- RUSH MODE : Rows of letters build up over time. Find words as fast as you can, but be careful you don’t back yourself into a corner!
GAME CENTER leader boards and achievements for each mode and highest scoring word!