New York, New York – CRUX Crosswords was recently named “the best crossword app for the iPad” in the Wired App Guide (a collaboration between Wired magazine and Gizmodo). Building on the success of CRUX for iPad, Rumination Software has created a unique, best-of-breed interface specifically suited to solving crossword puzzles on the iPhone and iPod touch platform. Pan and zoom have been added to navigate the puzzle grid, along with streamlined navigation, support for iOS5, and an alternate puzzle “list” view that pairs clues with answers.
* Universal app runs on all but first-generation iPhone and iPod touch devices
* Solve American- and British-style crossword puzzles
* Download links for thousands of free and premium online crossword puzzles
* All-new, exclusive starter puzzles from Andrew Ries included
* Puzzles are stored for offline solving
* Separate profiles for multiple users sharing an iPad
* Newspaper-like presentation; write in pen or pencil
* Innovative features for intuitive touchscreen crossword solving
* Multiple clue list modes to help the user to focus on specific parts of the puzzle
* Automated highlighting of related clues
* A variety of configuration options to accommodate novice and advanced users
* In-app purchase for exclusive puzzles from independent constructor Brendan Emmett Quigley
* Many more online sources and in-app purchase puzzle packs planned
* Compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* Universal Application
* 19.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
CRUX Crosswords 1.1 was released November 24, 2011 worldwide exclusively through the Apple iTunes App Store in the Games category for the introductory price of $0.99 USD. On Monday December 5, 2011 CRUX will return to its regular price of $4.99 USD. Review codes available upon request.
Rumination Software was founded in 2011 to develop and publish innovative, high-quality games and apps for the iOS platform. All Material and Software (C) 2011 Rumination Software / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.