From battery monitor to playing doctor, Philips’ newly released Vital Signs Camera app lets users remotely check their heart rate and breathing rate via the camera of the iPad 2. That’s right, no extra monitoring equipment or accessories are required. Simply set the iPad 2 on a table, get in position and the app does the rest. Your heart rate will be measured by the small color changes on your face (what Philips calls “micro-blushes”), where as breathing rate is calculated based on the motion of your chest. The results can then be shared online via Twitter, Facebook or email. More for kicks than anything (so don’t expect the app to replace a visit to your docs’ office), Vital Signs will set you back a buck, and don’t forget that you actually need the iPad 2 to run it. Check out the demo video after the break.
Philips Innovation, Vital Signs Camera – Philips, – $0.99
Vital Signs Camera is the only App that measures your heart rate and breathing rate remotely, simply using the camera of your iPad 2! Try it out now and experience another amazing innovation by Philips!
The Vital Signs Camera App of Philips measures your heart rate and breathing rate using advanced software and the camera of your iPad 2. This breakthrough technology allows you to measure your vital signs in an easy and unobtrusive way at home*.
• Measures your heart rate just from the color for your face!
• Measures your breathing rate by analyzing the motion of your chest!
• No need to hold or touch the iPad 2.
• Share screenshots of your results online!
Vital Signs Camera – another amazing innovation by Philips!
1) Place the iPad 2 on a table.
2) Position your face inside the marked area.
3) Sit still and quiet during the measurement.
* The Vital Signs Camera App for iPad 2 is not intended for diagnosis or for clinical measurements, monitoring or decision making. Measurements and statistics are provided for entertainment purposes only.