Apple Store app updated to 2.0, now supports EasyPay
Apple’s Apple Store app has been updated and now adds some nifty features for iOS users in the US, namely Personal Pickup and EasyPay:
- Personal Pickup: Buy in the app and choose to pick up your order at any Apple Retail Store. Most in-stock orders are available for pickup within an hour. (U.S. only)
- EasyPay: Purchase select accessories in store quickly by scanning the barcode and completing your transaction right in the app. (U.S. only, requires iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S)
- Track your stuff: View the status of current and previous orders from the order status section in the More tab.
- Additional international support (Canada, China).
- Requires iOS 4.2 or higher
With EasyPay (good for only accessories at the moment), it’s a matter of simply choosing your item, scanning its barcode within the app, and paying with the credit card that’s stored on your Apple ID. This process certainly makes it easier for small item purchases and no longer will you have to wait in line to check out during a busy day at the store. You can see just how simple it is to use EasyPay with an actual purchase made by Engadget below.
Apple, Apple Store, – Free