Talk Back to Facebook with Friends Aloud 3.0
Austin, Texas – All Apple iOS device owners can now access, listen to, and post status updates and comments solely by voice to their Facebook news feed via Friends Aloud 3.0 created by VoiZapp, Inc. It was the first app to bring state of the art text-to-speech reading aloud technology to Facebook, and now lets you talk back to Facebook just like Siri does, but on all iOS devices, not just on the new iPhone 4S.
Friends Aloud 3.0 now includes built-in Nuance-based speech recognition that enables you to dictate status updates, comments, and “likes.” It reads aloud and listens to your spoken responses, enabling a complete, end-to-end, Facebook-by-voice experience. Just tap the microphone button on its main screen, say anything you like, and it will convert what you said to text and auto-send it to Facebook. Start speaking by saying “Comment…” to make it a comment, or just say “Like” to like the current post. Speak again to edit or add more to what you said before. Dictate punctuation as you like: to post “I think, therefore I am!” you would simply say, “I think comma therefore I am exclamation point.” In the Settings screen, choose between an American or UK English accent, and turn on/off Auto-Send. Like Siri, it just works, but now on all iOS devices.
Using Friends Aloud 3.0, a user can:
* Read aloud their latest Facebook news feed posts and their associated comments in a pleasant, easy-to-understand young woman’s voice
* Dictate status updates, comments, and “like” your friends’ posts with Nuance-powered automatic speech recognition, complete with punctuation
* Tap a keyboard icon to bring up a text entry screen to enter status updates and comments
* Scroll through each post on screen or tap around to read posts at random
* Automatically switch between reading existing posts in sequence or just reading new posts as they arrive for as long as desired
* Play, pause, and skip forward/back using intuitive controls, just like the iPod
* Continue reading aloud while in the background, just like the iPod
* Understand and read common computer jargon such as smiley faces and texting-style abbreviations (LOL, ROTFLMAO, happy/sad faces, etc.)
* Choose to limit the number of comments read aloud
“Facebook has become an integral part of peoples’ lives, and mobile has fundamentally changed the way they access and use social networking services”, said Dr. Robert B. Wesson, Voizapp’s CEO. “You can now talk back to your Facebook friends while safely driving, walking, exercising, or working – anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied. In short, Friends Aloud 3.0 give you a complete Facebook experience by voice.”
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
* 58.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Friends Aloud is available in two versions – free or paid. Friends Aloud 3.0 can be downloaded from Apple’s App Store for a one-time charge of $2.99. It’s a complete ad-free audio/visual mobile Facebook experience that reads new posts and comments aloud as they arrive all day long, and will allow you to “talk back” to your Facebook friends. Users can try some of the core features and sample the voice for free by downloading ad-supported Friends Aloud Lite that reads aloud the user’s latest 10 news feed posts as often as they wish.
Founded in 2010, VoiZapp Inc. is a software development company located in Austin, Texas. We have been developing software for personal computers for literally decades, from games to million-dollar professional training systems sold to governments and institutions around the world. We are now passionate about developing speech-enabled mobile software for Apple’s iOS platform that powers the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV. Copyright (C) 2011 VoiZapp Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.