Better late than never right? Well, Facebook for the iPad is finally available (officially this time). With the release of the 4.0 update, Facebook is now a universal app and optimized for the iTablet. The final build appears to be nearly identical to the version that was leaked back in July, though you can bet that the dev team have fined tuned the app and ensured that it’s ready for mass consumption.
Facebook for iPad
With high-res photos, games, chat and more, now you can get the best of Facebook—on your iPad.
- Enjoy bigger, better photos: Your photos are high-res and easy to flip through, like a real photo album
- Navigate anywhere, fast: Just tap, slide or pinch to move from one screen to another
- Play games on the go: Access your favorite Facebook apps and games, wherever you are
- Focus on what matters: Zoom in on your friends’ photos, updates and stories
- Never lose your place: Share a photo, update your status or send a message without leaving News Feed
- See who’s nearby: Check out the Nearby map to see what your friends are up to
The 4.0 update not only introduces the universal build, but also improved navigation and search functionality on the iPhone. Of course, being able to play your favourite FB games/apps in full screen mode is just icing on the cake.
Facebook, Inc., Facebook, 10.5 MB – Free