Paris, France – Allty today is pleased to announce both the web launch and immediate release of AppsFriends, their new free social network dedicated to allowing users to share apps with their friends.
Social Recommendations for New iPhone / iPad Apps Discovery:
With more than 450,000 apps and counting, the App Store gets more difficult to explore by the minute. AppsFriends improve the App Store with social recommendations that allow users to share their apps with their friends in 80 countries.
Available On Mobile and Web:
AppsFriends is a free, universal iOS app (iPhone and iPad compatible) and is also available on web. Optionally, an iTunes plugin can also be installed on your computer to keep your iTunes library automatically synced with AppsFriends.
A Social Network Around Apps:
Similar to the Twitter experience, people can follow or be followed by other users. They can browse their Friends Top Apps and the latest apps downloaded in their network. A social timeline enables users to track their friends activities the way they do on Facebook to check their latest downloaded, liked, shared, and reviewed apps.
Advanced Features To Improve The App Store:
* Login with your Facebook or Twitter account (with automatic sharing of your apps on these networks) or create a new AppsFriends account
* Create Alerts on apps to be informed of price changes, new releases or special offers
* Specific charts : daily discounts, hot apps, top friends apps, suggestions …
* Advanced filters : by price, rating, language, compatibility, …
* Search and invite friends by SMS or E-mail from your address book or from your social networks
* Like, share, review, list apps
* Fine tuning of push notifications you want to receive
* Live Apps feed to watch price changes and new releases on the App Store
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility. AppsFriends pays particular attention to the protection of its users privacy :
* Each profile can be public or private (each follower will have to be confirmed) Two sharing modes are available: automatic sharing, or manual sharing
* Users can automatically filter their shared apps based on apps rating or category (So you may not want to share 17+ apps or medicine apps for example)
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1 or later
* Universal Application
* 7.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
AppsFriends 1.1 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
AppsFriends has been entirely developped by Matthias Etienne for his company Allty. He left his job as technical manager for a french IT company to dedicate his time to this project. Copyright (C) 2011 Allty. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.