Logan, Utah – Fishington Studios announced today that it has released Map Draw to the iTunes App Store. Map Draw is the company’s latest iPad application in a series of health, fitness and productivity apps.
“Initially inspired by iRunLog, we decided to create a map tracking application that could meet the needs of a diverse user base and which would be useful in not just one, but a variety of situations,” stated Founder and CEO of Fishington Studios, Chris Flammer. “As a result, Map Draw was born”. This application can be used for fitness training such as tracking a run or biking route or for social or business purposes that can range from coordinating a hike, planning a road trip, finding directions to a business meeting and much, much more.
Offering features that no other application available on the iPad market today can compete with, Map Draw allows users to create their own routes and maps directly on the iPad. With just the touch of a finger, users can track and save distances, routes and plans. All maps can be drawn on freehand and then exported, making it the ideal tool for anyone looking for a mobile and versatile navigation tracking system. All entries are stored in a professional and elegant journal-style interface on the device and no uploading to or downloading from a website is needed.
During the first week of its release (Beginning 9/14/2011), Map Draw will be offered at 50% off of the regular price. Be sure to purchase this App on sale! “Whether you are a runner, biker, businessman, student, parent, world traveler or just an average Joe, we have no doubt you will find this app to be an invaluable tool” Flammer concluded.
Simple and Intuitive, Map Draw utilizes touch technology so users can map routes with just the touch of a finger. This touch system makes plotting a route easy and accurate, and total distance is automatically stored, making this the perfect tool for dynamically mapping a route or run on the iPad.
* Maps support forward geo-coding, allowing users to search for any location by name or address
* Incorporates a zoom to location feature for easy access to a user’s current location when drawing a route
* Map styles can be toggled between standard, satellite, and hybrid. The type is stored and remembered for each individual map
* Plotting contains undo and clear-all support
* Each map created is stored in a journal-style interface for easy access. Every entry is plotted on a graphic map display
* Journal interface is customizable
* Application supports both landscape and portrait orientations
* All saved routes can be freely edited at any time. Changes are saved automatically
* Information is cached locally, allowing users to view a route and map offline
* Maps can be exported via email, or saved directly to the device in the photo library
* All exported maps can be freely drawn on, allowing a user to add additional notes, or paint directly on the map like a canvas
* Application contains built-in help and support, is intuitive and easy to use
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 15.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Beginning 9/14/2011, for a limited time, Map Draw 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Plans to release an iPhone version of this application are also in the works.
Established in 2009, Fishington Studios is a leading provider and expert developer of unique, high quality and customizable applications for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad Platforms. Fishington Studios consistently strives to create applications that are both useful and enjoyable to use and is a company that is committed to providing continuing support and customer service to their users. For more information, visit Fishington Studios online or call 801-822-2549. Copyright (C) 2011 Fishington Studios. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.