Sacramento, California – Raj Bains today is pleased to announce Doozy 1.10 at a limited-time promotional price (only $0.99). Doozy, a play on the words “Do” and “See,” is a visual calendar and tracking app which takes an original approach to productivity by representing events visually instead of in uniform lists or columns.
With Doozy, users can “see what they need to do” – literally! Events become interactive icons instead of just text on a screen – represented either by built-in icons (which can be tinted 10 different colors) or images from the user’s photo albums, which fade out or delete when marked as done, show the completion percentage of an attached list, quickly access notes and lists, record and display numbers, or even show the weather.
In addition to visual event representations, Doozy makes heavy use of visual cues and color throughout to provide a unique productivity experience which is especially useful for visual learners and those who respond best to visual cues. The interface is designed to give users the most information at a glance.
Doozy still contains the usual productivity mainstays such as multiple calendars, priority sorted lists, and notes, as well as advanced features such as graphing and tracking of progress over time – week-by-week, month-by-month.
Early Reviews and Reactions:
* AppFresh Daily – “One of the top apps for August 6, 2011.”
* AppAdvice – “With Doozy’s ubiquitous use of color and flexibility, you need never forget an important event, birthday or anniversary again.” (4.5 stars)
* TiPb – Among “the most interesting, the most notable, and simply the most awesome” apps for August 11.
* Featured as “New and Noteworthy” on the App Store.
* Multiple calendars
* Priority sorted lists
* Notes with custom colors and dates
* Events with attached notes and lists for quick access
* Progress tracking of lists
* Number tracking
* Set/rep/weight tracking for bodybuilding exercises
* Percentage tracking
* Completion tracking of recurring tasks
* Graphs of progress week-by-week, month-by-month
* Statistics, including lows, highs, averages and trends
* Weather conditions/forecasts
* Recurring events, one-time events, events which remain until finished, even ordinal events (i.e., “Second Tuesday of November”)
* iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 3.1 or later
* 4.0 MB
* Syncing via iCloud
Pricing and Availability:
Doozy 1.10 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the productivity category. From September 17 through 24, Doozy is available at the promotional price of $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies).
Based in California, Raj Bains is an independent developer with a strong focus on unique and innovative software and interface design for iOS and MacOS. All Material and Software (C) 2009-2011 Manraj Bains All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.