Voice Reader Web – A Web-Browser with Voice Output for iPhone and iPad
Falkensee, Germany – The leading provider of language-technology software in Germany, Linguatec, is pleased to announce the release of their new app for iPhone and iPad: Voice Reader Web. Voice Reader Web is a universal browser for all mobile devices that implements three important additional functions: The browser can display previously saved web sites offline, fade out interfering images or advertising banners in the textmode and furthermore read all texts aloud, in 21 languages with 32 voices. The quality of the voice output used in Voice Reader Web has received numerous awards.
In a nutshell:
* Release of new App: Voice Reader Web
* Universal-App for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Web-Browser offers three additional functions
* Voice output in 21 languages with 32 voices
* Offline display of web sites – no internet connection necessary
* Fast display of texts without images or advertising in the optional textmode
* Many options: Reading speed, night reading mode etc.
* Additional off-line voices can be activated through in-app purchase
A web-browser should be able to do more than just scroll through countless online sites. The universal-app Voice Reader Web brings variety to the three mobile Apple platforms and offers triple benefits:
* Offline display of homepages: Voice Reader Web saves entire web sites for future reading through a simple tap. They can be downloaded onto the browser for convenient, leisurely offline viewing – even without an online connection. This way the app keeps suitable reading material at hand for periods without WLAN connection.
* Text display – no images: Voice Reader Web gladly displays texts without images and most importantly without advertising graphics – which results in much faster downloading of web sites. Especially on the smaller screens of the iPhone and iPod touch web sites can be viewed a lot easier – particularly if the operators of the online sites have not yet adapted them for mobile use. Even a night-reading mode is available so that the web sites are clearly visible in the dark.
* Voice output of web texts: Voice Reader Web is able to read the text of a home page out lout – in 21 languages with 32 voices. No more strenuous reading on a small screen. While driving a car, riding on a train or simply relaxing someone can just listen to the crystal-clear, professional quality voice output.
Voice Reader Web teaches the browser how to talk:
App developer Linguatec is the specialist when it comes to digital voice output – as many users of the mobile app Voice Reader Text to Speech will attest to. They may continue to use the already purchased offline voices with the new app – naturally free of charge.
Voice Reader Web offers 20 female and 12 male online voices for the following languages: Danish, German, English (UK + U.S.), Finnish, French (France + Canada), Greek, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil + Portugal), Russian, Swedish, Spanish (Spain + Mexico), Czech, Turkish and Hungarian.
Not everyone needs all 32 available voices. That’s why the developers have made the app as inexpensive as possible. Individual offline voices may be bought through in-app purchase for an additional $ 0.99. With the free online voices up to 4,000 characters at a time can be read out lout – offline there is no limitation.
The app can be customized precisely to the needs of the user. A whole web site or just individual sections may be read out lout. There is even a pause button. Reading speed, pitch and volume of the voice output may be selected according to user preference. Sequences that have been read, can be stored in an audio file (M4A, CAF or WAV) which may be managed in the device or send out via e-mail.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* Universal Application
* 12.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Voice Reader Web 1.1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Journalists that would like to test Voice Reader Web should contact Presseburo Typemania for a promotional code. It allows them to obtain and test the program free of charge.
Linguatec, is the leading provider of language-technology software for office use in Germany and the only company to have won the European Information Technology Prize three times. The activities of the language technology specialists concentrate on three language technology sections which can be presented as a language technology triangle: Automatic Translation, Voice Output and Speech Recognition. Clients profit from their know-how in the area of linguistic technologies now also for iPhone and other Apple products. Copyright (C) 2011 Linguatec. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.