San Diego, California – Announcing that Hipposoft, the developers of Physical Exam Essentials and Heart Murmur Pro, has launched version 2.0 of 3 in 1 Medical Reference: Lab Values, Abbv, Prefix/Suffix for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. This is a new update of their popular 3 in 1 Medical Reference app and truly represents the first medical application of its kind by providing editable data for 265 medical lab reference values in 16 different categories, thousands of abbreviations, and more than 400 prefix/suffix data.
The Lab Values section lets users quickly and easily access 265 medical lab reference values organized into 16 different categories. There is even a Common Panels section, which is a new feature in version 2.0, that organizes lab values into commonly ordered lab panels such as basic metabolic panel, complete blood count, thyroid studies, etc.
The lab values categories include (number of labs indicated next to the category name):
* Cardiac Labs -12
* Renal Labs -6
* Urinalysis -14
* Electrolytes -19
* Acid/Base Balance -8
* Iron Studies -9
* Pancreatic Disease -5
* Liver Disease -13
* Tumor Markers -9
* Hematology -38
* CSF Analysis -11
* Lipid Panel -8
* Drug Levels -27
* Toxicology -7
* Endocrine Labs -38
* Immunology Labs -23
Information included for Lab Values includes:
* Reference Values (SI and US)
* Critical Values
* Lab Description
* Differential diagnosis for elevated values
* Differential diagnosis for low values
* Container information
* Personal comments
* Additional information section with links to Google, Clinilab Navigator, Lab Tests Online, Web MD, Medline Plus, and Wikipedia
* Related Labs section
The Abbreviations section includes literally thousands of medical abbreviations. Each abbreviation includes the full-length word or words if there are multiple terms associated with an abbreviation. You can even tap on any abbreviation or full-length term to find more information on Google or Wikipedia.
The prefix/suffix section includes more than 400 prefixes/suffixes. Each prefix/suffix entry includes the origin language, the etymology, and even examples of the prefix or suffix.
One notable feature in the app is that all the data in all 3 sections is fully editable making 3 in 1 Lab Reference very unique and the first of its kind in medical reference applications. Users are able to add notes or otherwise customize information to best suit their needs. No other app on the market is nearly as customizable as 3 in 1 Medical Reference.
Some of the features in 3 in 1 Medical Reference include:
* Simple and easy to use interface
* 3 apps in 1
* 265 Lab Reference Values in 16 different categories
* “Common Panels” section to look up lab values organized by commonly ordered lab panels
* Labs values are presented in SI or US units
* Thousands of medical abbreviations
* Over 400 prefixes/suffixes with origin language, etymology, and examples
* Only medical reference app with fully editable data!
* Links to important resources including Google, Wikipedia, Medline Plus, Clinlab Navigator, Lab Tests Online, and WebMD
* Recently viewed section, Favorites section, and powerful search for fast retrieval of data
* The perfect reference tool for healthcare professionals and students
The application is incredibly comprehensive and adaptable, making it perfect as a learning tool for students as well as a quick reference tool for healthcare professionals. 3 in 1 Medical Reference’s unique offering of editable data makes it even more indispensable and should be installed on the devices of anyone working in the healthcare field.
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 2.3 MB
Pricing and Availability
3 in 1: Lab Values +, Abbrv, Prefix/Suffix 2.0 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Medical category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
Hipposoft is a medical software development company dedicated to creating informational and practical software solutions for healthcare professionals at all levels of training. Hipposoft strives to create the resources needed to provide the best possible care to all patients, everywhere. Copyright (C) 2011 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.