FiLMiC Pro Makes Professional-Grade HD Videos a Possibility on iPhone 4
Seattle, Washington – Cinegenix announces today the official launch of Filmic Pro, its flagship iOS app that transforms the iPhone 4 into a super-charged, professional-grade video production tool. Designed by professional filmmakers, Filmic Pro is poised to become an integral part of the rich media future, as it encapsulates a host of pro-tools that enable any iPhone user to dramatically improve their cinematography. As part of their commitment to empowering iPhone filmmakers, Cinegenix also announced that they are a sponsor of the Official iPhone Film Festival (www.originaliphonefilmfest.com), which is a showcase of talent, imagination and creativity within the medium.
With Filmic Pro, Cinegenix is releasing one of the most powerful filming tools available for the iPhone. Filmic Pro’s intuitive UI allow users to have maximum control over the recording process. Combined with Filmic Pro’s resourceful abundance of video enhancement features, both professionals and video enthusiasts can now finally take full advantage of their smartphone’s HD camera.
“Despite being initially conceived as a movie making tool primarily for filmmakers, we quickly realized that every smartphone user can benefit immensely from having a comfortable, feature rich, well-designed video camera app,” said co-founder and CEO of Cinegenix, Neil Barham. “Ultimately, Filmic Pro will go wherever you go and allow users to transform any life experience into a precious cinematic memory, which is why we are thrilled to be sponsor of the OIFF as they have shown a unique and prescient understanding of the changing dynamics of mobile filmmaking and distribution.”
Features of Filmic Pro Include:
* Screen Resolution – Choose from 1280×720, 640×480 or 480×360
* Frame Rates – Choose from 26 different frame rates (inc. 24P and 25P)
* Focus and Exposure Locks – customize lighting and focus independently
* White Balance – balance the neutral colors on the iPhone camera by easily identifying pure white in your lighting settings
* Audio Metering – Monitor audio to ensure the best possible sound quality for your video
* UI Orientation Flip – Shoot in whatever landscape orientation that you or your tripod demands
* Framing Tools – An aspect ratio framing guide and thirds guide help set up the perfect shot
* Super 35 Matte – Shoot in your cinema epic in letterbox widescreen
* Slate – a film Production Style Slate for adding information to your clips, syncing dual system audio, and organization
* Double Reticle Mode – gives you two separate adjustable reticles for spot sampling focus and exposure for precision shot set up.
* Single Reticle Mode – provides a center positioned spot sampling reticle for both focus and exposure for sports, action or quick run and gun scenarios
* Video Encoding – 3 separate bit rates from an economy rate of 8 to Apple’s Standard of 11 to a full Filmic Quality 14mbps
* Facebook and Cloud Sharing – Share your pro-quality videos to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Tumblr or upload them straight to the cloud cloud using DropBox or a FTP.
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (4th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G
* Requires iOS 4.1 or later
* 6.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
FiLMiC Pro 2.0.1 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category. Review codes are available upon request.
Cinegenix LLC is a Seattle based app development company with a focus on front end video acquisition for the smart phone platform. Co-founders of Cinegenix, Tony Tibbetts and Neill Barham, first met as students at the Vancouver Film School. Opinionated opposites, their grudging respect quickly turned into friendship and they have collaborated frequently since film school. Less than two months after the release of the iPhone 4, Tony had already drawn up the initial designs for the FiLMiC Pro, convinced by the new camera’s high definition capabilities yet frustrated by the primitive levels of control. Neill saw the opportunity to rewrite the “prosumer” camcorder market by turning everyone into backyard auteurs for the price of a cup of coffee, thus FiLMiC Pro was born. Copyright (C) 2011 Cinegenix LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.