Austin, Texas – Apple iOS device owners can now access and listen to their Twitter feed via Tweets Aloud 1.0, created by VoiZapp, Inc. It is the first iOS app to bring optimized state of the art text-to-speech technology to Twitter on all iOS devices.
Using Tweets Aloud, a user can:
* Read aloud their Twitter feed in a pleasant, easy-to-understand young woman’s voice
* Scroll through each tweet on screen or tap around to read tweets at random
* Automatically switch between reading recent tweets in sequence or just reading new tweets as they arrive for as long as desired
* Play, pause, and skip forward/back using intuitive controls, just like the iPod
* Continue reading aloud while in the background, just like the iPod
* Understand and read common computer jargon such as smiley faces and texting-style abbreviations (LOL, ROTFLMAO, happy/sad faces, etc.)
“Twitter has become part of the social fabric of our lives, and mobile has fundamentally changed the way we access and use all of our social networking services”, said Dr. Robert B. Wesson, Voizapp’s CEO. “You can now stay in touch with your Twitter friends and news sources while safely driving, walking, exercising – anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied. Tweets Aloud also gives the visually-impaired and elderly an audible window into their friends’ and families’ lives.”
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1.3 or later
* 10.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Tweets Aloud 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through Apple’s App Store in the Social Networking category. Tweets Aloud Lite reads the latest 10 tweets, and is available for free.
Founded in 2010, VoiZapp Inc. is a software development company located in Austin, Texas. We have been developing software for personal computers for literally decades, from games to million-dollar professional training systems sold to governments and institutions around the world. We are now passionate about developing speech-enabled mobile software for Apple’s iOS platform that powers the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV. Copyright (C) 2011 VoiZapp Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.