Austin, Texas – Barkr, LLC has announced the public release of their premier mobile application, Barkr 1.0. Along with launch partners like the nationally recognized Wink restaurant and other local favorites, Barkr is adding other great deals daily, and users are responding. After thousands of website visits and downloads during its beta-test in Austin, Barkr is already a strong entry into the worldwide market.
“Like Groupon or LivingSocial, Barkr is an advertising platform for discounted deals from retailers,” said Aaron Lindsey, co-founder and CEO. “But unlike their old-school email-based marketing, Barkr alerts users to deals by utilizing push notifications via a free iPhone app that “barks” when they walk or drive by.”
“Moreover, businesses don’t have to contend with pesky deal salesmen or silly copy; they compose their own deals right on our website in about 10 minutes,” continues Lindsey. “Barkr is live and has great deals available right now.”
How it Works
For retailers, deal creation is self-service and incredibly simple:
* Visit the Barkr website and create an account
* Instantly create your deal using Barkr’s graphical interface, watching it appear onscreen just like it will appear on users’ iPhones
* As consumers buy your deal, Barkr handles the financial transaction, keeping a modest fee and paying merchants weekly via ACH
For consumers, finding, buying, and using deals has never been simpler:
* Download the free Barkr app and get “barked at” when you walk or drive by a great deal
* Tap “Buy this Deal,” enter your credit card info, and your deal receipt is stored on your iPhone
* Walk right in and shake your iPhone at checkout to cash in the deal
* iPhone 3G or later, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 4.0 or later
* 0.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Barkr 1.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category.
Barkr, LLC develops geotargeted coupon and offer apps for mobile devices. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Barkr, LLC is poised to become a favorite among deal-seekers and merchants with a local flavor. For more information, please contact company founder Aaron Lindsey at (512) 522 8096. Copyright (C) 2011 Barkr, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.