Munich, Germany: algoriddim, makers of the line of djay products for Mac and iOS devices, today is pleased to announce its djay for iPhone and iPod touch app is now available in the App Store. The game-changing app brings all the popular features of the award-winning iPad and Mac releases to the screen of the iPhone and iPod touch. Users have a full DJ setup in the palm of their hand, complete with a realistic turntable and mixer interface to spin, scratch and cue right on the touchscreen.
The app directly links users to their device’s iTunes music library, providing easy access to favorite tracks and enabling them to start spinning music in just moments. djay lets music lovers and DJ pros unleash their creativity anywhere and anytime to perform live, record mixes on-the-go, or use Automix mode to mix a favorite playlist automatically. Being fully optimized for iOS multitasking and background operation, users can even listen to a continuous mix while surfing the web or playing games.
With an all-new portrait mode, djay for iPhone & iPod touch lets users work each turntable individually, allowing to beat-match, adjust EQs, loop, and cue with even greater precision and control. A quick rotation of the iPhone and landscape mode enables control of both turntables and a mixer at the same time.
“djay for iPhone & iPod touch has broken barriers in DJ technology by putting a complete and portable sound system in your pocket,” said Karim Morsy, CEO of algoriddim. “The intuitive turntable interface, combined with ultra low-latency, lets more people experience the rush of DJing. It enables everyone, new users and pros alike, to spin music as if they were using professional equipment.”
djay for iPhone and iPod touch offers:
* Direct Access to a User’s iTunes Music Library: Browse the entire music library on the device and easily select, play, mix and scratch your favorite songs
* Realistic dual-turntable interface: Developed for the touchscreen, the turntables operate just like their analog counterparts
* Automix mode: Blends an iTunes music playlist into a continuous mix with automatic transitions
* Live Recording: Captures the mix in pristine audio quality to share with the rest of the world
* Seamless AirPlay Integration: Stream your mix wirelessly to Apple TV, AirPort Express station, or any AirPlay-supported speaker dock, AV receiver, and stereo system
* Pre-Cueing: Preview and prepare the next song with headphones (requires optional split output adapter)
* BPM Sync: djay’s automatic beat and tempo detection allows users to easily match the playback speed of two songs for a perfect transition with the click of a button
* Auto Loop: Continuously repeat part of a song in perfect sync with the beat as a stunning live effect, features on-the-fly half/double of loop duration
* Bounce Loop: Remix a song on-the-fly by mashing up its beats simply by holding a button
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, 3G, 4G iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 8.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
djay for iPhone & iPod touch 1.0 is only $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
algoriddim is a Germany-based software company specializing in cutting-edge audio and multimedia applications for Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Its mission is to develop software that is intuitive and user-friendly, yet offers the quality and power of professional level software. algoriddim consistently seeks out innovative methods for accommodating the needs of its customers, and its flagship music software, djay, is now serving a broad international audience of music lovers, professional DJs and world-class musicians. Copyright (C) 2011 algoriddim. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.