TiltShift Video 2.0 – Tilt-Shift Videos Easier Than Ever – Now Universal
Zaragoza, Spain – Available for $1.99 on the App Store, the TiltShift Video app allows the users to process their videos with the tilt-shift effect, giving a miniature look to them. Until now, tilt-shift videos required very expensive DSLR lens or a professional video editing software to edit the videos and simulate the effect. In both cases, a good deal of patience was necessary. TiltShift Video removes all those requirements by providing the necessary tools to simulate the effect with an easy and intuitive user interface.
With just a few steps, the app allows to adjust several settings, including playback speed, image saturation, contrast, brightness, vignetting, start and end titles, fades, soundtrack… The blur adjustment controls deserve a special mention: in addition to provide the possibility of configuring the blur strength and the smoothness of the transition between blurred and non-blurred areas, the app provides multi-touch controls that offer a lot of freedom when defining the blurred sections.
During the whole editing process, the app provides a constant feedback of how the video will look like with the current settings, making much easier to get the desired results. The export process only requires the user to choose the desired video resolution. Processed videos are directly saved to the device’s Camera Roll.
The App includes some additional features like the possibility of applying the tilt-shift effect to images or taking snapshots of selected frames from the videos being processed.
The 2.0 update incorporates changes in almost all the App functionalities. Some of the most important ones are:
* The App is now Universal, with an streamlined user interface for the iPad
* Redesigned user interface for the iPhone and iPod devices
* Better organization in the “Select Video” interface
* New image adjustment possibilities: brightness, vignette and the possibility of reducing image contrast and saturation
* A brand new shape for defining blurred areas: ellipse
* Important optimizations in the render engine for better image and sound quality
* Improved performance with shorter rendering times
* Process any video (recorded in one of the supported resolutions) present on the device’s Camera Roll or Photo Library.
* Several different resolutions supported (both for input and output): The complete list of supported resolutions is: 16:9 – 1280×760 (HD), 960×540, 640×360, 480×270 and 4:3 – 640×480, 480×360, 192×144
* Process still images from the Camera Roll or Photo Library or extract still frames from the videos. (The image resolution output is limited to 2048×2048)
Several adjustments available for achieving the “miniature” effect in the videos, including:
* Playback speed, for simulating time-lapse movies
* Blur position, strength and smoothness
* Image saturation, contrast, brightness and vignetting
* Titles and Fades
* iPhone (3GS or 4), iPod touch (3rd or 4th Generation) or iPad
* Requires iOS 4.1 or later
* Universal Application
* 2.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
TiltShift Video 2.0 is only $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Fidel Lainez is an independent developer located in Zaragoza, Spain. Specializing in video processing Apps for iOS, his goal is to provide high-quality results while keeping the apps as simple and accessible as possible. Copyright (C) 2011 Fidel Lainez. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.